Wednesday 11 September 2013

Hello & Welcome

Wow!  I can't believe I'm writing my first blog post.......

So where to start? Well I'd highly recommend having a read of the 'About Me' page which should bring you up to speed with who I am and what this blog is all about.  Is it strange that I had high expectations of a bright sunny day, a hot latte in hand and a huge fanfare to welcome me into the world of blogging? Instead it's dull and raining, my cup of tea is lukewarm and the only fanfare I'm getting is from Joe filling his nappy for the third time today.  I used to rush upstairs as soon as he had finished to make sure he had a clean nappy on but experience has taught me to wait 5-10 minutes as usually there's a last little 'surprise' to follow.  Yes my mummy and daddy friends we all know how glamorous parenthood is!

I was actually thinking about the perception of glamorous mums and the term 'yummy mummy'.  I imagined myself being a 'yummy mummy' in my gorgeous heels and about 3st lighter from all that breast feeding......  Keep dreaming Paula!! Nowadays I'm lucky to get a wash and make it out of the house without any bodily fluid or scrap food stuck to me.  I'm painting a great picture of parenthood here eh? But honestly if that's all I've got to worry about I think I'm pretty lucky in the grand scheme of things.  Sadly I am seeing some of my other mummy friends going through some tough times with their little ones and I have to thank my lucky stars that Joe has been in good health.  I was adamant I wanted to give Joe the best possible start in life and that's why I decided to breastfeed.  Whilst I'm not against formula feeding in any way I do have a strong view that unless circumstances prove otherwise; every mum should be encouraged and supported to breastfeed their child.  7 months on and we are still going strong although we have now introduced solid food and that's an adventure all on its own.

Now what to expect from me these coming weeks?  Well apart from the day to day stuff I have quite a few product reviews to publish including the Graco Symbio b, the Fisherprice Jumperoo and the Hauck up and down highchair to name a few.  There will no doubt be a fair few baking posts and Ill also be documenting our weaning journey and our sleep routine as this seems to be a difficult hurdle for a breastfeeding mum. Ill be welcoming your thoughts and comments on the sleeping as I'm finding this particularly difficult.

Finally I just want to pay my respects to all those people who lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks in New York and Washington.  My thoughts are with their friends & families.

Stay cool peeps and look after those munchkins!

PB & J

No comments:

Post a Comment